The technology and devices that helped me to cope with vision loss

Invincible Vision – BCD Awareness Forums BCD Forum The technology and devices that helped me to cope with vision loss

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gooddaygoodday
    Participant

Hello! I wonder what technology and devices you guys are using to cope with the vision loss…It would be great we could learn from each other.

My vision dropped a lot since the BCD diagnosis and it pushed me learn adaptive technology to use computer and access internet. there is still a lot for me to learn but i feel i have benefited from what i have learnt. I use screen readers like zoom fusion on a desktop and voiceover with apple products. I am pretty good with emailing on the desktop but i am better with web browsing on ipad and iPhone. It’s a new way to use computer and smart phone without looking at the screen, so there are endless to learn but i am very happy that ican at least access information without draining my eyes.

I also find apps like seeing AI is very helpful. I used it to read texts such as on a mail, a restaurant menu and documents. It’s pretty fast and accurate I feel devices like Orcam may be helpful but it’s too expensive for what I need now. I will try to stick to free apps like with Seeing AI as long as I can. 🙂

I also use dictation with iPhone a lot especially in short text and emails.

What the most impressive is to go to a trainer and see how they use computer and phones so efficiently as if they can see. I wonder howhttps://www.invinciblevision.org/bcd-and-misdiagnosis/bcd-basics/ many years of practice that will take? Well, at least there is the possibility.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.